More of Debra's favorite recipes....
MICHAEL'S BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
4-6 skinless chicken breast
1 12 oz of Franks hot wing sauce or? **Add 5 oz more for MORE Zing!
2 8 oz cream cheese softened
1 16 oz bottle ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing
1 cup chopped celery
2 cups shredded Colby or Monterey jack cheese +
Boil chicken & shred with a fork or cut into pieces & place into a 13x9 pan,
mix chicken & hot sauce.
In sauce pan, mix cream cheese, dressing & celery over med.
heat until smooth
Pour mixture over chicken, BUT DO NOT STIR
Top with 2 cups of cheese
Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 mins. until bubbly and brown on top!
Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
Serve with crackers, carrots, celery sticks or Frito or nacho scoop chips.
**Can be made in a crock pot too!
**Recipe is best made the day before, then reheat next day!**
ADD Debra's Summer Salad Dressing to this delicious recipe!
GOLDEN VEGETABLE SALAD STACKER
2 Large tomatoes, cut into 6 slices
6 oz. o low moisture part skim mozzarells cheese, cut into 6 slices
1/3 cup of Debra's summer salad dressing
6 slices red onion
12 seedless cucumber slices
6 fresh basil leaves
Place 6 tomato slices on platter, top each with 1 cheese slice.
Drizzle 1/2 of dressing.
Top each with 1 onion slice, 2 cucumber slices & second tomato slice.
Drizzle with the remaining dressing and top with basil.
PUMPKIN SPICE BARS
1 pkg. spice cake mix
16 oz. cooked or canned pumpkin
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 lb. confectioners sugar
1/2 C vegetable or canola oil
4 large eggs
1 tsp. cinnamon
Makes About 50 Bars
Preheat oven to 350°F degrees. Grease a jelly roll pan (large baking sheet with a small edge all the way around).
In a large bowl using a mixer, at low speed blend cake mix with salad oil, eggs, and pumpkin. Blend until moistened. Then mix at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan; bake until top is firm to touch; about 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, at low speed beat cream cheese, vanilla and cinnamon. Add confectioners sugar; beat until smooth. spread evenly over completely cooled cake. Sprinkle with toasted coconut or chopped nuts. To serve, cut in 2 inch bars.
Prep: 15 minutes Total: 50 minutes
Need a cool treat in under an hour? Make these chocolate-covered desserts; they'll keep in your freezer for up to two weeks.
Mikes’ EASY Stuffed green pepper soup
2 lbs. ground beef **I use turkey meat** Brown & drain
2 cups or 1 boil in a bag white rice
In another pot mix in:
1 28 oz. can tomato sauce
2 cups chopped green peppers
1 28 oz. chopped tomatoes (do not drain)
2 beef bouillon cubes **I use 2 packets of the sodium free**
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup water
Then add rice & mix together to
the consistency of chili.
1. Twenty chocolate-covered raisins. 87 cal.
2. Half a slice of angel food cake with 1 tablespoon thawed, frozen light whipped topping and one maraschino cherry. 94 cal.
3. Five Starburst Fruit Chews. 100 cal.
4. One whole graham cracker, broken into two squares. Top one square with 1/4 oz-piece milk chocolate and one large marshmallow. Top with the other square and microwave for about 12 seconds. 90 cal.
5. Two 1-inch squares chocolate fudge. 86 cal.
6. Fruit mix: three dried apricot halves, four almonds and one tablespoon chocolate chips. 100 cal.
7. One frozen waffle toasted and topped with two sliced strawberries and 1 tablespoon whipped cream. 99 cal.
8. 1/2 cup Cocoa Puffs cereal with 1/4-cup skim milk. 81 cal.
9. Three gingersnaps. 80 cal.
10. 6-oz tubYoplait White Chocolate Strawberry nonfat yogurt. 100 cal.
11. Half a banana, with 1 tablespoon each chocolate syrup and thawed, frozen light whipped topping. 99 cal.
12. Two fun-size Nestle Butterfinger bars. 68 cal.
13. 1 cup sugar-free hot chocolate with 2 tablespoons miniature marshmallows. 66 cal.
14. Two caramel corn cakes. 90 cal.
15. 3/4-oz serving baked potato chips (7 to 12 chips) with 2 tablespoons fat-free onion dip. 85 cal.
16. Four wheat crackers with 1-oz reduced-fat cheddar cheese. 87 cal.
17. Half a baked potato, with 1 tablespoon each reduced-fat sour cream and salsa. 98 cal.
18. Six medium pretzel twists with 2 tablespoons mustard. 91 cal.
19. Seven medium shrimp with lemon to taste. 70 cal.
20. Half a medium onion bagel. 97 cal.
21. Three toasted 1/4-in.-thick slices Italian bread, topped with 3 tablespoons chopped tomatoes, 1/2 teaspoon olive oil, minced garlic and fresh basil. 79 cal.
22. Four pieces plain Melba toast. 78 cal.
23. Twenty-Five pistachio nuts. 85 cal.
24. Half a baked flour tortilla with 1 oz avocado and 1 tablespoon salsa. 88 cal.
25. 6 cups light microwaveable popcorn. Season to taste. 93 cal.
26. Half a toasted whole-wheat English muffin with one teaspoon reduced-fat chunky peanut butter. 85 cal.
27. Three dill pickles. 36 cal.
28. One baked hash-brown potato patty, with 1 tablespoon ketchup. 79 cal.
29. 2 tablespoons humus on a quarter toasted pita. 93 cal.
30. Half a baked sweet potato mashed with 1 teaspoon each honey and diet margarine. 96 cal.
31. Skinny cafe latte (2 oz brewed espresso with 1 cup steamed skim milk). 91 cal.
32. 1/2 cup cooked couscous and 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese. 100 cal.
33. 1 cup serving canned condensed tomato soup, prepared with water. 85 cal.
34. 1-oz light roasted turkey breast, with 1 teaspoon yellow mustard and one leaf romaine lettuce on one slice toasted light whole-wheat bread. 94 cal.
35. Two low fat chocolate chip cookies (store-bought) heated in microwave for 10 seconds. 90 cal.
36. 1/2 cup prepared plain instant oatmeal, with 2 tablespoons frozen blueberries and cinnamon to taste. 82 cal.
37. One slice toasted raisin bread with 1 tablespoon fat-free cream cheese. 86 cal.
38. 1/4-cup egg substitute omelet, filled with 1 tablespoon reduced-fat cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup diced tomatoes. 88 cal.
39. 1 cup green tea with 2 teaspoon sugar. 30 cal.
40. Ten baby carrots with 2 tablespoons fat-free ranch dressing. 90 cal.
41. 1/2 cup each green and red bell pepper sliced and dipped in 2 tablespoons light Thousand Island dressing. 80 cal.
42. 1/2 cup canned pineapple chunks, packed in juice. 75 cal.
43. One chocolate-dipped strawberry. 62 cal.
44. Five small celery ribs stuffed with 2 teaspoons peanut butter and 1 tablespoon raisins. 100 cal.
45. Half a medium grapefruit with 1 teaspoon sugar. 38 cal.
47. 1/2-cup low-fat cottage cheese blended with 4 tablespoons fresh blueberries. 100 cal.
48. One small baked apple with 1 1/2 tablespoons light pancake syrup. 97 cal.
49. 1/2 cup light vanilla ice cream with 2 tablespoons frozen raspberries. 100 cal.
50. 1/4 cup cooked soybeans (edamame) seasoned to taste. 64 cal
ENJOY & HAPPY COOKING FROM THE HEART...